San Marcos High School Cheer Team 22-23
Congratulations to the 22-23 Varsity Cheer Captains
Samantha McDaris(12) Lauren Hainey(12) Elle Dorny(12) Karly Hansen(11)
Congratulations to the 22-23 Junior Varsity Cheer Captain
The primary purpose of the San Marcos Cheer program is to generate spirit, pride, and leadership skills through support, performance, and personal conduct.
We are a competitive program participating in several competitions throughout the school year. We're proud of the success we have achieved and will continue to strive for excellence.
We believe that instilling values of perseverance, hard work, cooperation, encouragement of others and most of all teamwork, leads to a successful competition experience. The Cheer teams require a lot of time, effort and dedication. It is a privilege to be on this team and is based on, not only skill, but on dedication commitment and team spirit.
SMHS Cheerleading is a year-round program that focuses on building the character of our athletes on and off the competitive playing field. SM cheer forms a culture and community of sportsmanship, dominance in our sport, and the WE over ME approach to daily practices. We work hard to bring school spirit to every game! Together the Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshman team cheers on our athletes and represents SMHS at every scheduled meet and game! They are always present at all school rallies and events!
- All weekends in January are designated as San Marcos High Priority
- We require SMHS Cheer to take priority when scheduling conflicts arise
- Team practices are M-Th 4pm-6pm during the school year.
- Most football games are on Fridays for JV/V and Thursdays for Freshman. All teams travel on SMUSD bus to away games and events unless otherwise advised.
- SMHS Cheer has Freshman, Junior Varsity, and Varsity level teams
- All levels participate in sideline cheer and competition cheer
- Round off Back handspring tuck and above
- standing tuck and above
- Solid Round-Off Rebound
- Working stand back handspring with light spot or down a cheese mat.
- All athletes attending tryouts are required to wear SMHS dress code appropriate attire
- Tank tops and shorts are recommended
- Cheer shoes recommended but not required. Athletic shoes are allowed (all athletes will be require to wear shoes while tumbling)
- Hair Up in HIGH Ponytail
- Cheer Bow